Monday, March 19, 2012

Stepping Out.

So it was about 2 years after I was secretly converted to Christianity that my neighbour told me that the local Anglican vicar had called on her and invited her to services at his Church. "He seems a very nice man, and I'm supposed to be an Anglican" she explained "would you like to come with me?" She had no idea I was a Christian. Although we were friends we'd never discussed religion. I thought "Why not?" I wasn't ever going to be a Catholic again, I was sure, but I supposed I should belong to a church and an Anglican one was as good as any. So I went with her.

The vicar was a nice man as she said, but more importantly he was a very holy one. He was totally dedicated to God and parishioners and had chosen to stay single so that he could serve with his entire heart, I loved being under his spiritual care.
I was a member of this church for about 6 years. Funnily enough I never thought of myself as an Anglican, I just thought of myself as belonging to that paticular Church. Then, to my horror and dismay God began impressing on my heart that He wanted me to move on. I didn't want to change, I was content and at peace but relentlessly the feeling grew and grew that it wasn't what GOD wanted. To make my depression worse, I felt He wanted me back in the Catholic Church, which was, to be frank, the last place I wanted to be. I fought it, I told myself it was just me imagining things. But after about a year of struggle God acted. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment