Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Stations of the Cross.

I love doing the Stations of the cross during Lent. Last year I did them every Friday after Mass (just by myself) but this year, for one reason or another I've been unable to do them. The only time there is an official Stations at my church is at a time I really can't attend. This Friday I was sure I would be able to say them, I had nothing on after Mass and it was my last chance before Holy Week. Mass finished, I prayed while people left then F. an old crippled parishioner came over and asked me if I could take her home! My heart absolutely sank, she lives quite a way from the church and I live a long way in the opposite direction: there was no way I could take her home and then come back to the church to say the stations. Of course I said yes and offered my disappointment to God. F and I had a lot of laughs on the way to her home as we're good friends and I was glad to help her. I try not to be disappointed. It's all in God's hands so we take what he gives us with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment