Monday, September 12, 2011

traditions 2

In my bedroom I have a small prayer table. On it I have an icon of our beloved Lord, a beautiful rosary my daughter bought for me and a small statue of our Blessed Mother. Above it is a equally small crucifix. I love to put a quiet, unobtrusive symbol of the current feast day on the table. For example at the recent feast of Our Lady's Birthday I put a tiny wreath of red rose buds at her feet with prayer - a Hail Mary and a soft "Happy Birthday Blessed Mother." Later this week at the feast of The Triumph of the Cross I will adorn my crucifix with the roses and pray for sinners.

I love keeping these traditions, they teach us to be mindful of what it is happening in our universal church, and help us to live our lives in communion with Our Lord, His angels and His saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment