Saturday, April 14, 2012

Thomas

At Mass this evening we had the story of doubting Thomas and Alex and I were discussing it on the way home. Alex said he could quite understand why Thomas didn't believe the disciples had seen Jesus. As any Kiwi would say (sarcastically) "Yeah, right!' I agreed that after you'd seen a man killed and buried you would be doubtful. But I love that Thomas grasped the truth even clearer than the other disciples when he said "My Lord and my GOD!" I'm not sure even the other disciples had come that far...yet (though I'm not a Bible expert). For a Jew, to say someone was GOD was unthinkeable, yet Thomas said it.

I love whispering this prayer at the consecration and have done since I made my First Communion at 6 years old. I'm sure he dropped on his knees when he said it.

I love Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment