Monday, February 13, 2012

Word Love.

Words mean a lot to me. Words move me more than music or paintings, though I can love them too. But poetry, or a line from a beloved book are very precious to me. Once a poem cured me of flu! This particular day I was recovering from a bad dose of flu and feeling wretched when I picked up 'Much Ado about Nothing' and read - for the first time - the minstrel's song: It is about how men can't be trusted and contains the lines :

But sigh not so
And let them go
And be ye blithe and bonny,
Converting all your sighs of woe
To Hey nonny nonny.

They made me laugh so much - yes I have a wierd sense of humour - that I immediately felt better and next day was fully recovered!

It's because of my love of words that I love the Bible. I have favourite verses, favourite chapters, favoutite books. I read from the bible every day and am never disappointed. My favourite chapter of all is Romans 12. I once read nothing else for 9 months. To me it is Christianity summed up. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment