Thursday, October 20, 2011

Icon Corner

We have an icon corner in our dining room. It's just a small corner with a small table on top of which is candle of the colour of the day and a rosary. On the one of the walls we have large 'real' icons of Our Lord and one of the Blessed Mother. On the other wall we've hung smaller icons my husband made for me of St Michael,because my husband was called Mike when he was young and our son is Michael; one of St Anne, whom I ask to pray for my grandchildren as she was the grandmother of Jesus; St Joseph for all the Fathers in our family and Blessed Melchizedek to help us pray for priests.

I often say my morning prayers sitting on a chair in front of our lovely corner but occasionally, during the day, I say a brief prayer standing very close 'inside' the icon corner and I almost feel as if I'm in a tiny beautiful chapel. It's a very blessed and lovely feeling.

Praise you Lord my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment